- Фонд ReactOS corporate blog,
- Open source,
- Development for Windows,
- Reverse engineering,
- System Programming
Good day to you!
My name is Stanislav and I like to write code. This is my first english article on Habr which I made due to several reasons:
- Habr is now in English
- Lack of technical articles in the ReactOS hub
- Recent return of Geektimes to Habr
- Possibility of building ReactOS in ReactOS
- Quite interesting case of fixing the problem in ReactOS in which I was directly involved
This article is an english version of my very first article on russian.
Let me introduce the main figures in this story who actually fixed the bug preventing Git from running in ReactOS — the French developer Hermès Bélusca-Maïto (or just Hermes with
hbelusca nickname) and of course me (with
The story begins with the following messages from the ReactOS Development IRC channel:
Jun 03 18:52:56 <hbelusca> Anybody want to work on some small problem? If so, can someone figure out why this problem https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-12931 happens on ReactOS? :D Jun 03 18:53:13 <hbelusca> That would help having a good ROS self-hosting system with git support. Jun 03 18:53:34 <hbelusca> (the git assertion part only).